About

My photo
Petersburg, MI, United States
Hello,I'm a respiratory Therapist Working at a long term Hospital and it's a thrill. Mostly the same patients which gives me the opportunity to really get to know them. I'm hoping with a passion to get into a PA program.

Sunday, September 23, 2012

Cover letter upgrade, Spanish class

I was at church today and a family friend suggested I check out a church employment assistance facility. From what I've heard they help write resumes and cover letters. This is a little ironic since I was working on rewriting my cover letter today before church. I'm not one to turn my nose at advice. You never know.

Another fellow suggested I look into a prison that is being built. Not exactly my first choice, but if my sister could work as a prison nurse, I suppose I could be a prison RT. I doubt I'd have an opportunity to use PALS or NRP or any of the advanced ventilator modes I've learned but I would take that job if I was offered it.

I'm a really positive person. I will take whatever work I can find. But it's important to me to help people and the hospital setting is where I feel I should be.

Tomorrow I sign up for a local Spanish class -intermediate.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Experience

2013- Detroit Receiving Hospital: 40 Hours Full Time Night Shift Respiratory Therapist. (I feel so fortunate to be able to work in ICU's every night. The experience is incredible in this fast paced environment.)

2013 Lakeland Long term Rehab: Contingent Respiratory Therapist. (It's great to get experience in a more relaxed environment, working with home equipment that I would never see otherwise)


2010 – 2012 - Student Clinical Rotations

Clinical Site Locations and Contact Coordinators:

St. John Macomb-Oakland Hospital

Clinical Coordinator: Andrea Howard

(248) 967-7444, howarda@macomb.edu


Beaumont Hospital, Troy Campus

Clinical Coordinator: Susana Ristoski

(248) 964-0851, Sristoski@beaumonthospitals.com


Beaumont Hospital, Royal Oak Campus

Clinical Coordinator: Steve Hammick

(248) 898-6027, Shamick@beaumonthospitals.com

Student clinical rotations included 40 weeks of hands on clinical experience including:

- ICU Ventilator management

- NICU & PICU

- Patient assessment and evaluation

- ER and floor treatments

- Arterial Blood Gas sampling and interpretation

- Capillary blood gas sampling and interpretation

- Interaction with physician, patient and family

- Positive, accurate and clear verbal communication

- Effective Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation

- Paper and electronic charting

- Patient transport on ventilators

- Ability to effectively use and follow protocols

- Chest physiotherapy and bronchial hygiene therapy

- Ventilator weaning and extubation

- Ventilator alarm trouble shooting

- Advanced modes such as PRVC and APRV

- Infant ventilators, Drager and transport

- BiPAP, CPAP, high flow nasal cannula.

- Tracheostomy care and T-piece set ups

- Assist with Bronchoscopy and intubation

- Stocking RCP supplies, etc.